Function – Scope Statement:
The Special Events and Marketing Manager will serve as the primary contact and lead for the organization’s annual fundraising events. The position will also serve as the lead on all PR and marketing efforts and will assist with searching, identifying, soliciting and stewarding appropriate foundation and corporate donors.
- Coordinate with Director of Resource Development and event committees on all aspects of fundraising for events, including table and team sales, underwriting, and auction item solicitation
- Manage event budget, vendor procurement and contract negotiation
- Oversee acknowledgement of event contributions and prepare reports
- Recommend committee members to serve as volunteer leadership and work with volunteer chairman to ensure smooth running of events and fundraising success
- Serve as primary liaison with event leadership and marketing committee
Marketing, PR and Media
- Compose and deliver all written materials (event proposals, acknowledgments, press releases, etc.)
- Manage and keep content up to date on website and social media portals to promote brand image and current happenings at the organization
- Compose/deliver quarterly newsletter and all donor signage
- Work with agencies and printing vendors to create marketing materials
- Manage full media lists, proactively distribute appropriate communications pieces to local media, track organization coverage in the media
- Contribute to the planning & implementation of activities relating to donor solicitations and other Club fundraising efforts
- Assist with searching, identifying, soliciting and stewarding appropriate foundation and corporate donors
- Maintain a complete donor database of corporate, individual, and event donors, prospect and invitation lists, and printed and promotional pieces
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education or commiserate professional experience
- Experience in special events planning and project management
- Experience with donor databases
- Experience working with media a plus
- At least two years’ experience in fundraising, marketing, event planning or closely related work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office. Working knowledge of Adobe Suite is a plus.
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
- Must be detail oriented; work well under pressure; able to juggle multiple tasks; a team player.
- Knowledge of the community is a plus.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.